Tree Care Do's and Don'ts
- Do water regularly
- Do inspect trees on a regular basis. Look for mechanical damage, insect or possible disease.
- Do contact us if you suspect damage, need help or advice.
- Do volunteer to help.
- Don't hit the tree with mowers, weedeaters or other mechanical devices.
- Don't replace mulch with rock or plantings.
- Don't use chemical weed killers in the area of a tree's root zone.
- Don't over water (daily).
- Don't damage bark (dog chains, bikes, carving or nails).
- Don't compact the soil heavily around a tree.
- Don't prune or remove street trees — that responsibility is the City's.
Return to Tree Board